I've written 17 spec feature scripts and five shorts. Three of the features have been optioned and one of them (retitled “Illusions of Cyn”) has been produced and is now available on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpYum9M1HFQ). Many of the others have won at least one award, e.g., American Zoetrope Finalist and Semi-Finalist, Austin Film Festival Semi-Finalist, CinemaSpoke Winner (twice), and IFP Emerging Narrative (twice).
Recently, I’ve had some flash fiction and poetry published. Also, since being diagnosed two years ago with a kind of cancer “that’s hard to treat and likes to come back,” I’ve been keeping a cancer survivor (so far, anyway!) journal, “The Great Cancer Adventure”.
His best work, however, is yet to come.
- A Nice, Quiet Life (Feature)/WGA #1567291
- Alternate States (Feature)/WGA #1802391
- American Hangnail (Feature)/WGA #853809 – Honorable Mention, CinemaSpoke; Semi-Finalist, The Writer’s Network Screenplay & Fiction Competition; and Quarterfinalist, Expose It! Comedy Screenplay Competition
- Borrowed Time (Feature)/WGA #7874495 – “Top Ten Screenplays in the World”, Telluride IndieFest; First Round Finalist, Open Door Competition, scr(i)pt Magazine and Fine Line Features; and Quarter Finalist, Hollywood’s Next Success Screenwriting Contest
- Guided Grievers (Feature)/WGA #1954428
- Last Night at Sal's(Feature)/WGA #1992154 - Semi-Finalist at Los Angeles Screenplay Contest
- Marksman of Death (Feature)/WGA #1480748 – Winner, CinemaSpoke Screenplay Contest.
- Original Cyn (Feature)/WGA #882992 – Emerging Narrative, Independent Film Project (IFP) Market; Top-Ten Finalist, American Zoetrope Screenplay Contest; Finalist, Bridge International Screenplay Competition; Semifinalist, Austin Film Festival; First Round Finalist, scr(i)pt Magazine and Paradigm Agency; Semi-Finalist, The Writer’s Network Screenplay & Fiction Competition; "Consider" Level, Creative Screenwriting Magazine; First Round Finalist, FilmMakers.com; Runner-Up, Century City Film Festival; and Semifinalist, Cinequest Screenplay Competition. Optioned, December 2014.
- Prototype (Feature) WGA #1739314 – Semi-Finalist, WeScreenplay International Screenwriting Competition.
- Reckoning in Monument (Feature) WGA #1404343
- Secrets, Favors & Lies (Feature)/WGA #1189324 – Emerging Narrative, Independent Film Project (IFP) Market; Quarter-Finalist, American Zoetrope; and Semi-Finalist, Fade-In Magazine. Optioned by Vanguard Productions.
- Smoke (Feature)/WGA #1862281
- The Brotherhood (Feature)/WGA #1011196 – Honorable Mention, Cinequest Film Festival
- The Cromleys of Crumbly (Feature)/WGA# 1901137
- The Devil’s Due (Feature)/WGA# 1075220 – Finalist, Acclaim Screenplay Competition
- Voyage of The Resolute (Feature) WGA# 1306391 – Finalist, 2009 Beverly Hill Film Festival; and Finalist, 2010 Bridge International Screenplay Competition. Optioned by North of Two.
- Waiting for MacArthur (Feature)/WGA #833021 – First Place, CinemaSpoke
- A Great First Impression (Short)/WGA #1738622 – Sold to Underground Features/D. Fontaine
- An Incident at Customs (Short)/WGA #1773255 – Optioned to Young Filmmakers Glasgow
- The Doubtful Martyr (Short)/WGA #1089631 – Finalist (Fifth Place), Movie Script Contest; Produced by Truly Collaborative Productions, May 2008; and 2008 Filmmakers Showcase, Cinema St. Louis.
- Sacking Evil (Short)/WGA #991234 – Optioned and produced by Domgee Films.
- The Sullen Family Christmas (Short)/WGA #1086079 – Quarter-Finalist, American Gem/Write Brothers Contest; and Top 50 Short Script, Movie Script Contest.
- Second Chance and A Fortnight’s Fantasies (a novel and a collection of erotic short stories, respectively, both written under pen names), self-published through www.1stbooks.com
- The Resolute and A Nice, Quiet Life, two novelizations of their respective screenplays, self-published through Amazon/Kindle.
- Poems and short stories in numerous literary magazines
ADDITIONAL WRITING BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Scriptwriting course (three times) and novel writing course, taught through St. Louis Writers Group.
- Executive Producer and Script Consultant for two fundraising videos
- Murder of Texas Todd, a parlor game mystery, sold